CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 28, 2010

s'more...

Tonight I will update you on a few things.  Because I believe in my guts that you are heavily invested in my goings on and wonder, lay awake nights wondering how things are going...

That bra I bought at Grandview for $3.99 was a good deal.  I'm tempted to go try to find some more.  The problem is that I will have to go into the store to find it and I will see stuff on the way and I will get distracted and that's dangerous right now.  And also, I don't want to get my hopes up about acquiring another and not finding it.  That is one of the issues with shopping at the shops that sell close-out and buy-out merchandise.  It can be a heart breaker.  Not to imply that a $3.99 bra could have the capacity to break my heart.  If it's the wrong one, it has the potential to break the delicate material covering my heart. 

I did go to the dentist and have an appointment scheduled so that they can make a crown to cover my tooth.  In 3 weeks.  I told Hubs that I should eat baby food and soup until I can get that tooth fixed.  I just don't want that sucker to break completely.  He replied "Well, ice cream and soft candy".  I like the way that dude thinks.  But the dentist office did make my name green which means that they will call me if they get a cancellation.  So, I have that going for me. 

I will be throwing out the applesauce tomorrow.  Probably I should have thrown it out last week.  This will be my last mention of the applesauce.

I have watched the entire season of American Pickers and enjoyed it very much.  I look forward to watching the next season.

I have to buy Halloween candy.  I have already bought Halloween candy.  Don't make me draw a line from point a to point b...

The deadlines that I needed to meet for Unbound have been met.  Not on time, but met all the same.  I'm encouraged by the feedback that I got.  And the next week is going to be moving at break-neck speed.  I am excited and nervous.   When you pour this much of yourself into a project, you really want to see it flow and accomplish all the goals.  And we have a few of them.  If you live in the area, you should know that The National Underground Freedom Center is offering free admission and there will be a fair trade market and various educational experiences and musical performances around the topic of modern day slavery.  The date is Saturday, November 6.  Please come.  It's open to the entire community - adults, teens and kids.  A lot of people have worked hard to make this something special and I think it's going to rock out loud.

I got an awesome compliment today about this blog.  Someone told me that she needs Depends to read it.  And this woman loves to laugh and has a great sense of humor so I was really super flattered.  And then it occurred to me that I should clip a coupon for some Depends for her so that she can continue to comfortably read my blog.  I care about my peeps.

I have had some readers in Russia.  Howdy Russia!

I will leave with this little tidbit for you.  Skunk (aka Big Stuff) was invited by his friend Matthew to come to a dance class tonight.  It's an all boys dance class.  We got there about 8 minutes late.  Because that's how we roll.  We slid into the room and I watched.  I wasn't sure if Skunk would get into it.  All my kids can get a little self conscious.  God love that teacher.  There were about 6 boys there.  And nothing personifies the term "herding cats" like trying to get boys in the range of 3-5 years old to dance.  In costumes.  Near dinner time.  It was a blast.  Skunk tried to skip - a little.  And seeing him do the twist - ah, it was classic.  I'm so grateful for the iphone upgrade that Hubs worked for us.  It has video capabilities.  That's a keeper.  I'll tell you that much.  And I want to give some mad props to Peanut.  It would have been so easy for her to have her feelings hurt and throw a fit and pout while watching her brother doing something with their mutual school-mate.  But she sat and watched and and enjoyed herself.  She was a good girl.  We drove 20+ minutes to spend a half hour doing this class.  And you know what?  It was totally worth it.  9 out of 10 Jenny's jewels.

I'm gonna hit the hay.  There's a serious double coupon situation happening tomorrow.  And you know what that does to my adrenaline.  My conundrum at this point is whether or not I'm setting an alarm and hitting the sale early or taking the chance that they will have all my goods if I wait til 9:50 am.  So.  If you are going, leave me my stuff.  It's a heck of a drive and I need it to be worthwhile.  That'd be great, thanks.

1 comment:

  1. If it's meant to be--the goods will be there! Sorry about the tooth. Thank you for the big Jenny to Jenn hug Wednesday night. I needed that. My prayers are out for a quick heal to the tooth and supernatural stuff for Unbound!

    ReplyDelete