CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Conundra...

Here's the deal (or conundrum number 1).  I got behind.  That is not new.  I get behind a lot.   A. Lot.  And I wouldn't have thought that one day would have turned into a silent blog for several solid days.  Which bums me out.  Cuz I dig this gig.  It pays the bills.  No.  It doesn't.  But I have fun.  I don't journal.  Which seems weird since I love to write.  But I hate journaling.  I feel like this fills a need that I miss otherwise.  A need I don't think I knew that I had.  But here it is Thursday and I have a few choices in how to proceed.  More on that in a minute.  So, for those keeping track or taking notes... Conundrum 1:  got behind.

Conundrum number 2.  Finding new stuff every day is harder than I thought.  Probably I make it harder because I have some unspoken hard-core rules on what qualifies as new.  Now, part of that is that I want to please the fans and sometimes the one new thing I did that day wasn't much to share.  I have mixed feelings about this.  Since you don't know my rules (and really, I kind of don't know all of them myself), I could get away with a PLETHORA (shout out Jenn!) of stuff.  I could make stuff up.  I could tell you my new thing was that I broke the sound barrier.  Prove I didn't.  I could just relax and accept that we all have up days and down days.  Maybe my new thing is the one thing you want to do tomorrow.  Who knows?  I don't know! Conundrum 2:  new stuff bar too high.

Conundrum number 3.  Apparently, I have a life.  It has other people and their lives intersecting mine and everything.  And apparently, my life entails aiding and abetting other people eating and living and such.  And while writing about my life was totally what I wanted to do, sometimes my life seems to take time away from writing about my life.  To be fair, sometimes writing about my life seems to take time away from my life.  And here is why that is all an issue (self-disclosure!  romance!  allure!  Okay, not really.  Just self-disclosure):  discipline.  I don't have any.  Which is why when I was offered a piece of wedding cake today, I ended up having 3.  I had a second piece and brought a piece home for the hubs.  What??  They were sliced really really thin.  Look.  Just don't tell him.  He really likes cake.  It's also why my parents sent some super cool trick or treat bags full of candy to our kids and, uhm, my kids ended up with some super cool trick or treat bags for Halloween night.  Cuz they were empty.  What???  Those were MINI bars.  Fun size and such.  And the hubs helped out on that one...  It's also why my house is a mess.  And why a whole bunch of something something something else is the way it is.  Discipline.  I wish it came in a pill.  I so desire it.  I pray for it.  Not all the time - because it takes discipline to pray diligently for something - even discipline.  My life would be monumentally different and, I think, really think, much improved if I could master this one trait.  I'd have rock hard abs.  I would only eat snacks and sweets on days that begin with S (Saturday, Sunday, Special occasion).   That is an actual diet.  Not one I'm capable of following, obviously.   Conundrum 3:  discipline is bane of existence.

So what do I do with all this?  Well, first, I would like to point out that tonight I learned the word conundra.  Otherwise this post would have been entitled "conundrums".  And boy would my face have been red!  Conundra - new thing today.  I think that I have to work backwards for the solution.  I am going to have to have a little chat with Hubs.  I gotta have some me time with the computer.  Of course, that means I have to stop watching useless t.v. and playing iphone games at a much earlier time than usual.  It's a sacrifice but that's how dedicated I am to you.  And me.  So that takes care of discipline.  Next - relax.  Yes.  This is a blog about doing something new every day.  This isn't a bait and switch.  I have a varied history full of adventure and discovery.  I have a spirit of new.  It's why green is my favorite color.  What?  It's related!  But the life I'm in now, while it may not offer a new country to explore anytime soon or a film premiere or anything glamorous, if I don't learn to see it through these eyes - If I don't value it as the trip of a lifetime (the trip of my lifetime...), what am I doing here?  If it's going to be monotonous or stale sometimes, all I can truly change is the way I view it.  I gotta redefine new.  Finally, well.  Since I fixed the first couple of challenges, theoretically, of course, the last is resolved - theoretically, of course.

So, you and me, we're cool, right?  Okay - just to play fair, I will give you some updates on things I already told ya about AND I'll tell you some of the stuff you missed.  Sure, it was because of me that you missed it but you gotta let bygones be bygones.

The applesauce - I made some applesauce cake.  I used a mix and it was really more of a loaf as I made it in a loaf pan.  It was yummy.  Not at all too cinnamony

Hubs has used the word mussitate once since I reported on it.

My clothes have not made the final transition phase.  I did purge alot and I'm glad to report that I will be purging a bit more but the weather has NOT been my friend.  I no sooner declared the warm weather to be done than we got days of up to 90 nonsense.  And there I was digging out short sleeves and shorts all over again.  Flapjacks.

The weekend after praying over the seats was amazing.  I was in that room and I felt it.  And it was sweet.  Not hip sweet.  Baby sleeping sweet.

One thing you missed was that I saw a couple get married this past weekend.  What I love about this particular wedding (other than aforementioned cake that I got to revisit today) is that I got to see it play out from pre-beginning to this magical moment of commitment.  My friend was not looking for a relationship when she met him.  She just wanted to hang out.  And they did.  Again and again and again.  And then they were all boyfriend-girlfriend.  And then it happened.  They got engaged.  The wedding was so beautiful and intimate and appropriate.  Her elder son and her father gave her away.  Her younger son was the ring bearer.  Her daughter was her maid of honor.   They are so right together and I felt that it was a privilege to be there.  Plus, they had a chocolate fountain.   Priorities people.

So, that is what I have for you today.  And tomorrow, it will be something new.  Because it always is.

1 comment:

  1. Okay-so THANKS! A plethora of times.

    I don't remember the definition of mussitate; otherwise I may have dropped it a few times myself. I must try to ingrain.

    Egg would have been on my face had you not let me know about conundrums/conundra.

    Huh? Funny though. Computer spell check doesn't dig conundra nor mussitate.

    Weather sucks! Ask my sinuses. Those in need will still need, even after weather changes. You still have my total admiration! I love who you are not what you do. (except I do love what you do too...)

    ReplyDelete